Who is the OWASP® Foundation?
The Open Web Application Security Project® (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. Through community-led open-source software projects, hundreds of local chapters worldwide, tens of thousands of members, and leading educational and training conferences, the OWASP Foundation is the source for developers and technologists to secure the web.
- Tools and Resources
- Community and Networking
- Education & Training
We are back again with yet another OWASP Spotlight series and this time we have a project which needs no introduction and I got the chance to interact with Andrew van der Stock, OWASP Foundation Executive Director and the project leader for OWASP Top 10.
The OWASP Top 10 is a book/referential document outlining the 10 most critical security concerns for web application security. The report is put together by a team of security experts from all over the world and the data comes from a number of organisations and is then analysed.
OWASP Sydney Chapter Leadership are on fire! Ric Campo, Jack Guildford, and Sherry Liu took over the Sydney OWASP chapter in July 2020 and hit the ground running and have not looked back. See virtual meeting activity reach a new level. December started with OWASP Jingleton Hack for Beginners. This provided cybersecurity beginners with the opportunity to practice their skills and learn the basics of web application penetration testing. February experience their version of Hack the Box’s King of the Hill called “Fight Club.” This is a team event but if you do not have a team don’t worry. One will be found for you! See Meetup for all details.
In celebration of our 20th Anniversary, OWASP is pleased to announce our new merchandise store where you can purchase a range of t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, mugs, masks, and more. Each purchase you make helps fund the OWASP mission.
The OWASP Foundation store is strictly for fundraising purposes. There will be no reimbursements from OWASP for any purchases....read more
Recent OWASP News & Opinions
- OWASP Foundation Statement on Anti-Harassment, March 30, 2021
- 2021 March OWASP Call to Battle Post Event Wrap-up, March 16, 2021
- 20th Anniversary Event Call for Speakers, March 8, 2021
- Help the OWASP SCVS Project, March 5, 2021
- Brain Break, February 18, April 24, June 23, August 18, October 20, and December 16.
- Call to Battle, February 26, April 9, August 28, and December 7.
- OWASP Virtual Training Courses, March 9, May 25, June 15, July 13, September 7, and November 3.
- Lightning Conference, March 15, May 12, July 20, September 28, and November 16.