OWASP B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology - Student Chapter
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. All of our projects ,tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security. OWASP B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology is a Student Chapter which focuses on providing maximum Web Application Security knowledge, Ethical Hacking Skills, OSINT, Knowledge on different types of exploitations,Malware Analysis and other skills to students. Members will get to know about Cyber Laws and Policies. Members will learn Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Testing and will get to know how to get bounties from Vulnerability Reward Programs (VRP) provided by various companies. The need for cybersecurity professionals has been growing rapidly,even faster than companies can hire—and that demand is expected to continue. The number of unfilled cybersecurity jobs worldwide grew 350% between 2013 and 2021,from 1 million to 3.5 million, according to Cybersecurity Ventures.
- To Conduct Guest lectures from renowned Cybersecurity Experts.
- Get the fundamentals strong first. Gain knowledge on Computer networks, Operating systems, Servers, Linux and programming languages.
- Arrange theoretical and practical workshops on various Ethical Hacking techniques and emerging technological trends.
- Master and get trained top-notch techniques in security field practically.
- Cybersecurity is a very broad field. Gain knowledge on various Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 technologies and its vulnerabilities.
- Hardware securities demands are increasing day by day. This chapter provides workshops on exploitations based on IoT devices and RFID Hacking and Wireless Hacking.
- Have knowledge on different types of cryptography.
- Encourage and guide students to build mini projects.
- Facilitate internship and hands on industry training in partnership with organizations.
- To collab with local OWASP Chapters and conduct events
- To form a community of students who are interested in technical field and assist them and build better version of them.
- To provide the knowledge of web application securities.
- Get to know the current OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.
- Spread awareness on various Cybersecurity threats and ways to use the Internet safe.
- To make all active participants to receive bounty from companies for VRP (Vulnerability Reward Programs) and register themselves in the Hall of Fame of those companies.
- To make student’s CV and Resumes powerful by adding skills and merit certificates and make them confident for placements.
- To conduct various non-Tech events regarding career opportunities, social engineering and other fun events.
Chapters are led by leaders in accordance with the Chapters Policy. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online donation button.
Everyone are welcome and encouraged to participate in our Projects, Local Chapters, Events, Online Groups, and Community Slack Channel. We especially encourage diversity in all our initiatives. OWASP is a fantastic place to learn about application security, to network, and even to build your reputation as an expert. We also encourage you to be become a member or consider a donation to support our ongoing work.
Put whatever you like here: news, screenshots, features, supporters, or remove this file and don’t use tabs at all.