OWASP Women in AppSec (WIA) Committee
The purpose of the Women in AppSec (WIA) Committee is to develop leadership, promote active membership and participation, and contributions by women in application security professional communities, globally and locally.
The scope for OWASP WIA Committee falls into the following areas:
Attract women to OWASP, as active members, contributors and leaders.
Offer opportunities for women to become engaged in AppSec and related professional communities.
Provide inclusive targeted application security programs for all women learners.
Provide inclusive training and mentorship for all interested OWASP women.
Provide financial support to OWASP women members through scholarships, sponsorships, and grant making.
Pursue fundraising, advancement and development to secure financial support for OWASP WIA activities.
Integrate WIA track and related activities into OWASP events at all levels. Cultivate women for community leadership, speakers for conferences, thought leadership, learning leaders, and local chapter events.
Collaborate with other committees and initiatives as needs present. Collaborate with local OWASP Chapters and Global OWASP leadership, including but not limited to offering advisory support to local and global OWASP leadership for WIA advancement and collaboratively building pro-WIA OWASP communities.
Develop other special projects and events designed to further the purpose of WIA.
- Conference Organizers: @haral @RAGreenberg @act1vand0 @jonathanmarcil
Panelists Zoe Braiterman: @zbraiterman Vandana Verma: @InfosecVandana Richard Greenberg: @RAGreenberg Kavya Pearlman: @KavyaPearlman Chris Kubecka: @SecEvangelism Lisa Jiggetts: @lisajiggetts Malia Mason
- Sponsors: Detectify, Sqreen
[Global AppSec DC 2019]
- Welcomed diversity scholarship recipients from @DefConOwasp
- Twitter handles: @thejonmccoy @zbraiterman @Onenerdylady @ALL_Sec_Geek
- 25 diversity scholarships for Global AppSec D.C. 2019
AppSec California 2019
- Twitter handles: @InfosecVandana @zbraiterman
AppSec USA 2018
- WIA training, led by Vandana Verma (@InfosecVandana)
- WIA luncheon, led by @InfosecVandana and @zbraiterman
AppSec EU 2018
- Vandana Verma (@InfosecVandana) and Jessica Robinson (@jessrobin96)
Join our ongoing global team discussion. We’re always looking for new ideas.
Attend a virtual global or in-person local meetup
Submit to speak at an upcoming webinar
OWASP Chapter Leaders / Members:
- OWASP WIA + InfoSec Girls Knowledge Exchange Webinar - August 2018
- OWASP WIA + InfoSec Girls Knowledge Exchange Webinar - November 2018
- OWASP WIA + InfoSec Girls Knowledge Exchange Webinar - December 2018
- OWASP WIA + InfoSec Girls Knowledge Exchange Webinar - January 2019
- International Women’s Day CTF Webinar - 2019
- OWASP WIA + InfoSec Girls Knowledge Exchange Webinar - March 2019
- OWASP WIA + InfoSec Girls Knowledge Exchange Webinar - April 2019
- OWASP Projects Panel Panelists: @KatyAnton @vanderaj @psiinon @manicode Elizabeth Frenz , moderator: @zbraiterman
- “Sky’s the Limit” with Marie McCarthy, Career Coach
- AppSec Programs and Women’s Support Networks, Minali Arora @AroraMinali
In Person Events
- OWASP WIA / OWASP NYC Secure Code Warrior Tournament
- OWASP WIA + InfoSec Girls NYC kick-off event Aastha Sahni @aastha1891, Scott Miller @scottymiller9 and Zoe Braiterman @zbraiterman