Chapter Procedures (WIP)
To create a new chapter repository in GitHub and CRM record of chapter and leaders.(minmum of 2 leaders to start) Relevant Policy: Chapter Policy and Leader Policy
Start a New Chapter/New Leader request subitted.
- Contact Us or on owasp.org> chapter page click and submit request ticket NFRSD ticket#
- Review for a minimum of 2 leaders & all required information is included.
- Check to make sure there is not an existing chapter.
- Check to make sure not a chapter within 50 miles/80 km
- Check to make sure that the leaders’ residence is within 50 miles/80 km of the chapter.
- Create owasp.org email addresses and send notifications.
Leaders owasp.org email address creation
- Google Admin - Admin Console
- Click User
- Click Add New User
* Pop Box appears * Fill in First nam * Fill in Last name * Primary email [email protected] * Secondary email is the personal email address * Email User Sign-in Info
This is the only email address that is to be used for the leader in leader.md file in chapter repository. Leader will receive a Google WorkSpace email like below.
Slackbot command “/chapter-create”
- Generates a templated form to create GitHub chapter repository & CRM records.
- Chapter City name ONLY
- Chapter leader’s name
- Chapter leader owasp.org emails
- Region -6 choices: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania, and South America
- SUBMIT to create the GitHub chapter repository and Copper CRM record.
- Chapter file (OWASP-City)
- Add JIRA/NFRSD ticket URL or number in field.
- Check city, country, and resgion fields were populated
- Chapter status is set to Active
- All leaders are related on rightside under “People”
- People - Leader’s record
- Enter secondary personal email address
- Job Title
- Tag as Chapter leader
- Contact - General
- File - attach a copy of resume from NFRSD ticket.
- Send out a Welcome letter in email to leaders.
- Resolve and Close the JIRA ticket. SLA for first response is 72 hours and 144 working hours to complete; pauses when ticket is set to “Waiting for Customer Response” Issues:
- Delay in Chapter policy, Chapter Handbook, Leadership policy
- [email protected] Google group is not current leaders
- Google Admin email validation scrub to suspend owasp.org email addresses for individuals that are not members or leaders.
- JIRA ticket should reconfigured to create individual workflows for clarity. Membership, Chapters, Projects, Corporate Members & Sponsors, Events, Marketing and Other
Add/Change Chapter Leadership Process
Relevant Policy: Chapter Policy and Leaders Policy
* The Leader(s) stepping down sends an email to the Foundation.
* Complimentary membership and owasp.org email address will be suspended when the email is received. Add New leader(s) * Submit Start New chapter/new leader request ticket * Answer and submit all requested information. (Delay only if the information is missing.) * Create owasp.org email address for the leader(s) * Resolve and close ticket * Leader to update leader.md file in the chapter repository - leader name and leader owarp.org email address SLA for first response is 72 hours and 144 working hours to complete; pauses when ticket is set to “Waiting for Customer Response” Issue: Membership policy does not address what happens to a complimentary membership if a leader steps down or the chapter is deemed inactive. OWASP.org email addresses deactivation did not follow a consistant policy when membership or leadership ended. This was and still is manual process.
Chapter Reimbursement Process
Relevant Policy: Expense Policy
- Submit Expense Reimbursement request ticket (OSD)
- Expense is for $ 250 or under and is applicable to chapters
- Copy of receipt is attached and is within 60 days of receipt
- All payment information is included
- Currency - exchange
- Chapter Name
- Expense and description if applicable
- Payment method
- Assign a leader to Request a Participant for Leader approval
* To respond to OSD JIRA ticket is 72 hours
* Submit expense for reimbursement within 60 daysExpense Policy
* AP runs twice a month not sure of deadline (Virtual) Issue: SLA reponse from second leader depends on the timeframe listed in Chapter policy for a leaders to respond to emails sent to owasp.org email address and the submission and approval of chapter policy.
- Submit “Contact Us” Request ticket
- Topic: Choose - Request and OWASP email address from the drop down menu.
- Name: First and Last name
- Company: Chapter Name
- Description: Requesting google group for chapter or chapter leaders
- Submit recieve NFRSD# for records and referene when inquiring.
- Resolve as done and close JIRA ticket
Request for Shared Services offered to Chapters at no charge.
- Submit “Contact Us”
- Topic: Choose - Request Meetup or other Shared Services from drop down menu
- Name: First and Last name
- Company: Chapter Name
- Description: Type shared service requesting Virtual Meeting - Slack command /provision-zoom [chapter-url]. Example: Cairo it would be /provision-zoom www-chapter-cairo Response: “You have been assigned a shared Zoom account. As this is a shared account, you need to coordinate with other groups using the Zoom Scheduler. Also, you are not allowed to change account settings or the account password. You will receive two emails shortly. One will contain the name of the account. The other will contain a link to the password. Be sure to check Spam as these emails often wind up there. Chapter scheduling service for meeting/activity - LastPass sign in for Meetup using LastPass signin using the City and Country Send Leader(s) New Meetup templated email in CRM with URL.
SLA for first response is 72 hours and 144 working hours to complete; pauses when ticket is set to “Waiting for Customer Response” Issue:
- Meetup Groups are set up by city location, not region or country.
- Leaders do not join or use Meetup.
- Allowed to use other social media do not post activity on chapter page.
- Leaders are not added to [email protected] google group as DRAFT chapter policy states.
- Automation not available to truly identify 4 meeting activity but just identifies activity as simply as opening and closing a file in the chapter repository.
Deactivation of Chapter Relevant Policy: Chapter Policy
- Review Chapter meetings and activites on chapter page to meet the criteria outlined in the chapter policy.
- Send the inactive chapter(s) name(s)to the Chapter Committee.
- Chapter Committee to reachout to leaders to help reactivate or confirm deactivate within 30 days.
- Remove leaders from leader.md file
- Suspend OWASP email address. (If individual has a paid membership leave email address active.)
- Remove as co-organizer of Meetup Group Issue:
Chapter Reactivation Relevant Policy: Chapter Policy