Global AppSec - Dublin 2020
Postponement Announcement Checklist
- Notify Program team, [Emily]
- Change banner on OWASP.org to point to SF Cft/Cfp, [Mike]
- Remove ticket options to effectively shut down registration, [Mike]
- Post “A” as blog on homepage, [Mike]
- Post “A” on dublin.globalappsec.org homepage, [Harold]
- Post “B” registration page on dublin.globalappsec.org, [Harold]
- Post “B” on social media, [Mike]
- Pull list of attendee email addresses for Events Team to email, [Mike]
- Send email to attendees encouraging them to hold onto their tickets, [Emily]
- Send “A” to leaders list
- Provide Kelly announcement for Sponsors, [Emilly]
- Notify sponsors with modified announcement, [Kelly]
Long Message (“A”)
Following recent developments within Ireland, throughout Europe, and worldwide relating to COVID-19, the OWASP Foundation has made the difficult, but considered decision, to postpone the Global AppSec Dublin set to take place June 15-19.
We take pride in offering a premier experience for our attendees and sponsors and we can no longer guarantee that event quality. Nor can we ethically put our community’s health and safety at risk. Therefore we have secured dates at the Convention Center Dublin to hold the Global AppSec Dublin on February 15-19, 2021.
We are working on ways to still deliver value to the OWASP community in 2020. While we continue to monitor the situation, we are confident that the Global AppSec San Francisco will still take place October 19-23, 2020. Call for papers will be open March 23.
Our thoughts are with those affected around the world, we hope this situation improves soon and we thank you for your support.
Short Message (“B”)
Following recent developments relating to COVID-19, the OWASP Foundation has made the difficult decision to postpone the Global AppSec Dublin Conference to February 15-19, 2021. https://owasp.org/events/2020/03/12/dublin-announcement
Training Days: June 15-17, 2020 Conference Days: June 18-19, 2020
Welcome to Global AppSec Dublin 2020 presented by the OWASP Foundation. The Global AppSec Conference is the premier application security conference for developers and security experts. Designed for private and public sector infosec professionals, the OWASP three day training and two day conference equips developers, defenders, and advocates to build a more secure web.
Join us for a celebration of leading application security technologies, speakers, prospects, and community, in a unique event that will build on everything you already know to expect from an OWASP Global Conference.
- Bring Industry-leading AppSec and InfoSec content to the global security community
- Grow the OWASP community with an increase in first-time attendees and onsite membership conversions
- Act as revenue source for the Foundation
- 2019-10-31, Stub website with Sponsor pricing/info online. [Harold]
- 2019-11-06, Sign contract, [Mike]
- 2019-12-01, Payment 10% of Rental and Catering Fee due, [Emily]
- 2019-12-05, Launch Call for Program Team Members, [Emily]
- 2019-12-20, Website ready for traffic, [Emily]
- 2019-12-31, Close Call for Program Team Members, [Emily]
- 2019-12-31, Hotel Room Block COntract Signed, OSD-3266 [Emily]
- 2020-01-06, Payment 45% of Rental Fee due, [Emily]
- 2020-01-27, Open CFT/CFP, [Emily]
- 2020-02-29, Close CFT/CFP, [Emily]
- 2020-03-01, Update Speaker Agreement, [Mike]
- 2020-03-09, Registration Opens, [Mike] Completed on 2-March
- 2020-03-16, Payment 45% of Catering fee due, [Emily]
Name & URLs
- Name: Global AppSec Dublin 2020
- URL: https://dublin.appsecglobal.org/
Convention Center Dublin: Spencer Dock North Wall Quay Dublin 1 D01 T1W6 Ireland
Situated at the heart of Dublin’s transport hub with excellent air, road, rail and sea connections, The Convention Centre Dublin is easily accessible for all!
By Air Dublin is highly accessible for delegates travelling from the UK, Europe, the US, and beyond. Dublin Airport is just 15 minutes from The Convention Centre Dublin via the Port Tunnel and serves over 180 routes – including direct flights to all major UK and European cities and daily flights to the Emirates and several North American cities.
For your journey to The CCD, the Airlink airport shuttle bus stops directly outside the building, while taxi and car hire services are also easily available.
By Car or Taxi The Convention Centre Dublin is just minutes away from Ireland’s M50 motorway network and Dublin’s Port Tunnel, making it easy to bring in supplies and equipment for your event. It is also next to the Samuel Beckett Bridge which spans the River Liffey, aiding access between the North and South of the city.
The CCD has its own underground car park, with over 2,000 spaces located in car parks nearby, as well as considerable on street ‘pay and display’ parking on North Wall Quay and adjoining roads.
Find out more about parking near The CCD and access for deliveries.
By Rail, Tram or Bus Conveniently located in Dublin’s Docklands, the business hub of the city, The Convention Centre Dublin can be accessed via a growing network of public transport options.
Rail and DART The CCD is less than 10 minutes on the Luas Red Line from Dublin’s two main railway stations, Connolly and Heuston. Operated by Irish Rail, these stations serve all the major towns and cities in Ireland.
The DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit) rail network runs along the coast of Dublin, from Malahide and Howth, to Bray and Graystones, providing transport from the city centre to suburban areas. Connolly, Pearse Street and Tara Street DART stations are all located about 10 minutes’ walk from The CCD.
Tram (Luas) Luas is Dublin’s light rail transit system. There are two lines, the Green Line and the Red Line. The CCD is on the Red Line, conveniently linking to downtown Dublin and Connolly and Heuston rail stations. Major Square and Spencer Dock are the closest stops. Switch between the Red and Green lines at Abbey Street / O’Connell – GPO / Marlborough stops.
Full Conference Passes for OWASP Members starts at €400 and training classes start at €850 per day.
Registration Opens in early 2020
Income Registrations €292,075 Training €170,000 Sponsorships €450,000 Total Income €912,075 Expenses Catering Conference €138,373 Training €11,061 Social Events €141,072 Expo €20,020 Meeting Room Rental €165,000 Trainer Fees €68,000 A/V €16,500 Printing & Branding €16,869 Accommodation €17,615 Travel €20,200 Internet €27,500 Hard Goods €6,463 Marketing €20,000 Staff Services €100,000 Total Expenses €768,672 P/L €143,403
This event offers several parter sponsorship opportunities. If you are interested in supporting the event please contact [email protected]. Below is a list of existing and available sponsorships. All sponsor assets will go in a folder named sponsors in this repo.
Sponsorship Status Sponsorship Contract Status to Date (as of 9:00amET March 6, 2020) Amount Contracted: $51,710.00 and €72,000.00. Amount Collected: $59,313,93.
Gold Corporate Sponsor
- Secure Code Warrior (Gold Corporate Sponsor) - paid
- Snyk - invoiced
- Synopsys - paid
- SIG - contract sent
- BSI Group - invoiced
- Checkmarx - invoiced
- Contrast Security - paid
- Detectify - paid
- Kryptowire - paid
- RIPS - invoiced
- Security Innovation - invoiced
- Security Journey - invoiced
- Tala Security - paid
- Veracode - contract sent
Lanyard Sponsor SOLD OUT
- BCC Risk - paid
Capture The Flag Sponsor SOLD OUT
- Security Innovation - invoiced
- Conference Organizing [ ]
- Venue [ ]
- Venue A/V (if different vendor [ ]
- Catering [ ]
- Event Insurance [ ]
- Lead Collection [ ]