OWASP Harrisburg PA
Welcome to the Harrisburg PA OWASP Chapter.
Our next meetup will be Spring 2021
We had our first meetup Decembers of 2019
- We introduced ourselves and our mission for the chapter
The second meetup and first virtual meetup was June 2020
- We welcomed SANS instructor Ryan Nichoson (@ryananicholson) who talked about “Defending Lift and Shift Cloud Applications”
September 2020 Virtual Meetup/CTF
- We hosted a virtual capture the flag event using the OWASP Juice Shop. We had 3 winners for the event, they were Brandon Keith, Josiah, and Ryan Vandenberg.
January 2021 Meetup
- On Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 7 pm, we discussed the SANS 2020 Holiday Hack Challenge and showed a walk through of some of the challenges. We also talked about meetups/ideas for the the coming year.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. All of our projects, tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security.
Chapters are led by local leaders in accordance with the Chapter Leader Handbook. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP Project, independent research, or related software security topic you would like to present.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in our Projects, Local Chapters, Events, Online Groups, and Community Slack Channel. We especially encourage diversity in all our initiatives. OWASP is a fantastic place to learn about application security, to network, and even to build your reputation as an expert. We also encourage you to be become a member or consider a donation to support our ongoing work!
Our Next Meetup will be ….
Our Previous Meetup were ….
- We had our first meetup Decembers of 2019 - We introduced outselves and our mission for the chapter
- Our 2nd meetup and first virtual meetup was June 2020. - We welcomed Ryan Nichoson (@ryananicholson) from SANs Instute who talked about “Defending Lift and Shift Cloud Applications”
- In September 2020 we hosted a Virtual Meetup/Capture the Flag event using the Juiceshop vulnerable web application.
- On Thursday, January 21, 2021 we discussed the SANS 2020 Holiday Hack Challenge and showed a walk through of some of the challenges. We also talked about meetups/ideas for the the coming year. Plans include another virutal CTF, outside AppSec speakers.