OWASP Santa Barbara
Welcome to the OWASP Santa Barbara chapter! We’re excited to have a dedicated group of application security professionals and enthusiasts, and we’d love to have you join us. All meetings are free, oriented towards knowledge sharing, practical learning, and having lots of fun!
The current leaders are Walter Martín Villalba and Albert Chae, and we’re always looking for talented and motivated people to help with the group.
Steps to make the most of our community:
- Subscribe to our mailing list (low volume). All important messages are posted to the list, and we often use it to announce 3rd party (non-OWASP) InfoSec events in the area as well.
- Join our Meetup Group All OWASP SB events are announced and tracked there.
- Join our Slack Channel. The channel is used to ask questions, seek advice, and engage in technical discussions, both during and after the events. If you don’t have an account, create one here (no need for an OWASP email address). Then login and join #chapter-santa-barbara.
- Follow our brand new accounts on Twitter and LinkedIn, and like/share our posts to help spread the word!
Please register for our next meeting at our meetup group.
The Open Worldwide Application Security Project (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. All of our projects, tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security.
Chapters are led by local leaders in accordance with the Chapter Policy. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP Project, independent research, or related software security topic you would like to present.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in our Projects, Local Chapters, Events, Online Groups, and Community Slack. We especially encourage diversity in all our initiatives. OWASP is a fantastic place to learn about application security, network with like-minded people, and even build your reputation as a professional. We also encourage you to be become a paid member or consider making a donation to support our ongoing work (financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online donation feature).
Please visit our Meetup Group page for information about upcoming events.
You can see a list of past events here. Click on each event to see its details including description, pictures, slides, etc. You can check out some pictures of our meetings here. We’ll be posting all slides to our GitHub repo in the near future.
AppSec California 2021 - Date: TBD (late January), 2021
- AppSec California 2020 - Jan 21-24, 2020 – Videos
- AppSec California 2019 - Jan 28-31, 2019 – Videos
- AppSec California 2018 - Jan 28-31, 2018 – Videos
- Note: OWASP SB did not take part in the 2018 edition of the conference.
- AppSec California 2017 - Jan 23-25, 2017 – Videos
- AppSec California 2016 - Jan 25-27, 2016 – Videos
- AppSec California 2015 - Jan 26-28, 2015 – Videos
- AppSec California 2014 - Jan 27-28, 2014 – Videos
The current chapter leaders are Walter Martín Villalba and Albert Chae. If you would like to become involved, please reach out to us!
Chapter leadership history:
- January 2021 - Present: Walter Martín Villalba, Albert Chae.
- August 2018 - January 2021: Walter Martín Villalba.
- 2015 - August 2018: Jimmy Mesta, David Shaw, Jason Haddix.
- 2012 - 2014: Jimmy Mesta, David Shaw (founders).