Who are we
OWASP Zhytomyr chapter was founded in 2019 by Bohdan Nikitenko and Yulia Potapenko The chapter aims at holding quarterly meetups in the format of 4 talks and probably 1 workshop.
How to find us
How to support the chapter
If your company wishes to support the chapter, please contact Bohdan Nikitenko
Become a Speaker
Call For Speakers at OWASP Kyiv events is permanently open. If you want to present at future events simply send the title and abstract of your talk and speaker bio to Bohdan Nikitenko
Become a Sponsor
To sponsor an OWASP Zhytomyr event, contact Bohdan Nikitenko
We don’t have any special sponsorship package, however the sponsoring organization or individual will receive our warm thanks and a fair amount of gratitude spread over our social media presence, placed at the chapter official web-page, and announced at the event itself
Become a Host
To host an OWASP Kyiv event, contact Bohdan Nikitenko Venue requirements include:
- Capacity to welcome up to 40-50 attendees
- Separate high-quality internet connection for online streaming
- No need for additional attendee registration or providing attendee lists
- No marketing, advertising, or hiring at the event
Chapter meeting sponsors
These companies have demonstrated their support for Ukrainian Application Security community by funding our quarterly chapter meetings.
Chapter Webinars 2019
29 June 2019 16:00 - 20:00
Reikartz Hotel (2d floor). Zamkova Square, 5/8, Zhytomyr, 10002
- Oleg Yudintsev. Independent InfoSec Researcher. “How tasty are your cookies?”
How cookies can leak over insecure channel? How an Attacker can tamper or hijack remotely sensitive cookies of the user? What severe consequences can happen as a result of insecure cookie processing? In this presentation I’m going discuss different weaknesses in cookie lifecycle and how to process cookies securely.
- Julia Potapenko. iOS Software Engineer at Stuzo. “Touch ID and Face ID. Is it secure?”
Even though Touch ID and Face ID have been here for a while, the users continue to ask if they are secure enough. We will talk about Apple’s Biometrics, Keychain and Secure Enclave, looking into the proper way local authentication should be implemented on iOS devices.
- Oleksandr Mezherytskyi. Cybersecurity Engineer at Armed Forces of Ukraine. “STOP DDOS”
Oleksandr will tell us about his own experience and practical advices on how to stop attacks on web sites - fitches, tools, and mistakes.
- Yulia Vashchenko. macOS Software Engineer at MacPaw. “Malware on macOS: hottest news from Objective by the Sea conference”