Conference & Event Attendee
Adopted by the Board on 22-Sept-2020
Conference & Event Attendees
The OWASP Foundation and its supporters host events around the world in a variety of formats. The following policy applies to all OWASP branded and “supported by OWASP” events. Other policies may apply and can be found on the event’s website.
Registration and Badges
At events where a badge is provided, your badge must be always visible. Spouses, friends, peers, etc. are not granted access to any conference areas or events without a badge. If you wish for anyone to accompany you to any of the conference events including meals, receptions, breaks or sessions, you must register them and pay the appropriate fees. Lost, misplaced, stolen, or forgotten badges will incur a replacement fee equal to the current, on-site rate of your pass type. If your badge was complimentary, the fee will be the current, on-site rate.
Some OWASP Events have attendee and participant fees. From time-to-time, the Foundation may elect, at its sole discretion, to offer discounts for certain attendees. Discount Codes are not transferable and using one indicates that you qualify for the offer and its restrictions. Any attempt to defraud the Foundation and its partners could result in the cancellation of your registration with no refund.
Since ticket sales are final, the Foundation does not offer refunds. The sole exception to this policy is when an event or session is cancelled at the Foundation’s convenience. Regional events can use their discretion to make exceptions to this policy provided a sufficient budget. We strongly suggest training registrants purchase travel insurance in the event their session is cancelled.
During event registration and related communications, OWASP may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
OWASP events are open to the public, and OWASP does not restrict attendees (including OWASP staff, volunteers, sponsors, and media) from taking photos or videos at our events. By attending our events, you acknowledge that you are in a public space and that attendees (including OWASP staff, volunteers, sponsors, and media) may capture your image in photos and videos. Nevertheless, OWASP encourages event attendees to exercise common sense and good judgment and respect the wishes of other attendees who do not wish to be photographed at the Events.
OWASP reserves the right to use images taken at conference and events with your photograph or likeness in future marketing materials.
Conference and Event Anti-Harassment Policy
Attendees, staff, sponsors, and exhibitors at Foundation Conferences and Events shall together provide a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Additionally, participating in our events means you shall also adhere to the Code of Conduct.
Conference participants who violate these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion, and actions such as deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Participants who are asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take appropriate action, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately.
- Conference staff will be available to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.