OWASP Security Bridge
Purpose of Security Bridge:
“Security Bridge” aims to build bridges in our community to go beyond the technical aspects of application security and start talking and learning about the daily challenges we face that impact our success and wellbeing.
“Resource Hub”: provides markdown files in the Github repo, offering training resources for employees to easily access and share with their peers and teams. The focus is to raise awareness and equip professionals in the Application Security industry (and beyond) with knowledge, tools and guidance to help prevent burnout and build greater resilience; essential to overall mental health & wellbeing.
“Online community space”: by using Github Discussions, industry professionals have a forum to share their thoughts and experiences across 3 main areas around wellbeing and resilience:
- What are some things you do that help you in a stressful situation?
- Share some of the things you do that support your mental health & wellbeing.
- What do you do to wind down at the end of your day?
Sharing stories will help build awareness and resilience individually as well as a community.
The main goal is: “Connecting Cyber Security Professionals to nurture a resilient cyber security community.”
There are 4 areas that should be covered by this project:
- Understand & Identify Stress (Mental Overwhelm) & Burnout.
- Mental (Mind) Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTPs) for Managing Burnout, Navigating Stress and Building Resilience.
- Physiological (Body) Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTPs) for Managing Burnout, Navigating Stress and Building Resilience.
- Online Community Space for resources and sharing.
TTPs are being used in this project in a similar fashion as the MITRE ATT&CK to help cyber security professionals relate to have an execution path that they can apply to their daily lives.
After approval of the project the Github Discussion is being started with the topics mentioned above.
We will populate background information to the project to raise awareness and build the TTPs gradually.
This project is a collaboration between Tuyen Do and Sven Schleier.