Who is the OWASP® Foundation?
The Open Web Application Security Project® (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. Through community-led open-source software projects, hundreds of local chapters worldwide, tens of thousands of members, and leading educational and training conferences, the OWASP Foundation is the source for developers and technologists to secure the web.
- Tools and Resources
- Community and Networking
- Education & Training
We are back again with yet another OWASP Spotlight series and this time we have a project which needs no introduction and I got the chance to interact with Andrew van der Stock, OWASP Foundation Executive Director and the project leader for OWASP Top 10.
The OWASP Top 10 is a book/referential document outlining the 10 most critical security concerns for web application security. The report is put together by a team of security experts from all over the world and the data comes from a number of organisations and is then analysed.
Registration Now Open!
Join us virtually June 6-10, 2022, for leading application security technologies, speakers, prospects, and community, in a unique event that will build on everything you already know to expect from an OWASP Global Conference.
We will need to hold a member vote on the new bylaws, and for that reason, we are announcing Town Halls for June 28, with the vote likely to start on July 1, or at the latest in concert with the next Board Election starting August 15.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Survey. I am pleased to announce that the following Members have won a ticket to a Global AppSec of their choosing:
- Marianne Busch
- Amit Dubey
- David Ochel
For more, please read on....read more
Recent OWASP News & Opinions
- Roadmap to version 5.0 of the OWASP ASVS project, May 15, 2022
- OWASP Members - submit your views to our bylaw survey for a chance to win an AppSec Virtual or AppSec Global pass, April 12, 2022
- Security Journey Provides Free Application Security Training Environment for OWASP Members, April 7, 2022
- OWASP Leader Town Halls - Leaders as Members, March 28, 2022
- OWASP 2022 Global AppSec AsiaPac Virtual Event, August 29 - September 1, 2022 Singapore Time (SGT)
- OWASP End of Summer Training, September 13 - 14, 2022 (BST)
- OWASP September Webinar, September 22-23, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- OWASP October Webinar, October 11-12, 2022 Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)