About the OWASP Foundation
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. Our programming includes:
- Community-led open source software projects
- Over 250+ local chapters worldwide
- Tens of thousands of members
- Industry-leading educational and training conferences
We are an open community dedicated to enabling organizations to conceive, develop, acquire, operate, and maintain applications that can be trusted. All of our projects, tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security. The OWASP Foundation launched on December 1st, 2001, becoming incorporated as a United States non-profit charity on April 21, 2004.
No more insecure software.
As the world’s largest non-profit organization concerned with software security, OWASP:
- Supports the building of impactful projects;
- Develops & nurtures communities through events and chapter meetings worldwide; and
- Provides educational publications & resources
In order to enable developers to write better software, and security professionals to make the world’s software more secure.
Participation and Membership
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in our Projects, Local Chapters, Events, Online Groups, and Community Slack Channel. We especially encourage diversity in all our initiatives. OWASP is a fantastic place to learn about application security, to network, and even to build your reputation as an expert. We also encourage you to be become a member or consider a donation to support our ongoing work.
Enter your email to join our Slack community
- Open: Everything at OWASP is radically transparent from our finances to our code.
- Innovative: We encourage and support innovation and experiments for solutions to software security challenges.
- Global: Anyone around the world is encouraged to participate in the OWASP community.
- Integrity: Our community is respectful, supportive, truthful, and vendor neutral
Most questions you might have about the OWASP Foundation can be found by searching this website. If you need to contact us directly with a request we use a ticketing system which can be accessed here. Several other common contact points include:
- Membership Support and if you don’t mind waiting longer, you can also email [email protected]
- Chapter Support
- Corporate Sponsorships or Support
- Partnership Marketing
Our global address for general correspondence and faxes can be sent to our physical office address, at:
The OWASP Foundation Inc.
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 600
Wakefield, MA 01880
+1 951-692-7703 (phone)
The European legal address and VAT number is:
OWASP Europe VZW
c/o Sr Fiduciarire Cv
VAT: BE 0836743279
The activities, programs, and events of the Foundation conform to a number of policies set forth in our Policies & Procedures and the Code of Conduct. Additionally we expect our Board Members, Leaders, Staff, and volunteers to model the upmost in integrity, honesty, and patience with supporting our extended communities.
All OWASP materials are available under an OSI-approved Open Source License or one of the latest Creative Commons licenses for most documentation projects. This website is (C) OWASP and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license (CC-BY-SA 4.0)