Welcome to the Brisbane chapter homepage!
We’ve been a bit quiet during the COVID19 crisis, but we’re up and running again!
OWASP Brisbane is proudly celebrating OWASP’s 20th Anniversary!
Presenters and Presentations
We are forever looking for volunteers to present at the chapter meetings, so if you’ve seen something interesting or you have something to say, please let us know.
Often, when we approach potential presenters, we tend to get the following response – “I don’t think my topic is interesting enough”. We just want to stress that as long as the topic is security related – we’re all ears! We’re just a bunch of nice people wanting to learn/share our knowledge of the security domain. So if you would like to present or know of someone that does, please contact us.
Presentations must be vendor agnostic (no selling of products or services), and please review the Speaker Agreement and information below.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. All of our projects, tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security.
Chapters are led by local leaders in accordance with the Chapter Policy. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP Project, independent research, or related software security topic you would like to present.
Details of OWASP Brisbane chapter meetings will be posted on our meetup page.
We are back in action, and pending more floods, pandemics or other external factors we’ll continue meeting up IRL.
Out next meeting is on May 25th from Laura Bell of SafeStack Academy!
Huge thanks to our previous presenters!
- April 21, 2022 - Patrick Dwyer - CycloneDX and Dependency-Track
- March 17, 2022 - HakLuke - Blackbox Monitoring for Timely Bug Detection
- December 9, 2021 - OWASP Brisbane Networking and social meetup at Miss Demeanour
- June 17, 2021 - Sean Titmarsh - OWASP Top 10 - The one they chose will SHOCK you!
- March 31, 2021 - ‘6mile’ Paul McCarty - All your code repo are belong to us - What the Solarwinds hack should tell us about the state of software development
- October 29, 2020 - Around the world in 80 commits - A first-hand tale of contributing to the OWASP Web App Cheat sheets
- October 16, 2019 - Tim K - JSON Web Tokens from a Security Perspective
- June 7, 2019 - Timothy Hamer - Deserialization and the Oracle WebLogic Vunerability (CVE-2019-2725)
- March 7, 2019 - Nick Baker - The differences between a bug bounty program and traditional penetration testing
- November 29, 2018 - Alex Penrose - An overview of bug hunting in a fictious banking application
Put whatever you like here: news, screenshots, features, supporters, or remove this file and don’t use tabs at all.