Lagos is the most populous city in Nigeria and of Sub-Saharan Africa. Lagos is one of the fastest growing cities in the world and one of the most populous urban areas.
We schedule our meetings on the OWASP Lagos Meetup Group
Our meetings are open to the public, and you do not need to be a member to attend. Please do consider joining OWASP if you find our community, projects, and meetings valuable, or sponsoring this chapter.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. All of our projects ,tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security.
Chapters are led by local leaders in accordance with the Chapter Policy. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP Project, independent research, or related software security topic you would like to present.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in our Projects, Local Chapters, Events, Online Groups, and Community Slack Channel. We especially encourage diversity in all our initiatives. OWASP is a fantastic place to learn about application security, to network, and even to build your reputation as an expert. We also encourage you to be become a member or consider a donation to support our ongoing work.
Our Chapter meetings are held several times a year, which could be at a physical location or online.
We have a Webinar on SEPT 14, 2023 by 12PM GMT +1 and its definitely going to be an interesting online event.
- Intro to Security in Design and Development
- OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS)
TICKETS: This event will be free to attend for both members and non-members of OWASP and is open to anyone interested in application security and cyber security.
Register to attend this event at meetup
You can register to learn about our future events via the OWASP Lagos page at meetup.com
Code of Conduct:
- We hope you enjoy our events, we care deeply about inclusivity and diversity so that OWASP is a comfortable and welcoming community for everyone. Please reach out to one of our chapter leaders if you have any feedback or would like to speak to us, we take these matters very seriously. You can find out more about our policies here: https://owasp.org/www-policy/operational/events
- Largest Enterprise’s Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing Workflow Chat
- OWASP ZAP - Introduction and Automation
- SOCaaS/Cybersecurity Operational Resiliency
- How to Implement and use Secure Code Libraries
- SAST, SCA, DAST, IAST, application security testing demystified
- Enterprise DevSecOps - E2E process & tooling
- Defending Web Application Beyond Secure Coding
- Docker containers and How Best to Secure Them
- OWASP Security Knowledge Framework (SKF)
- Mistakes Developers Mostly Make
- Changed Responsibilities in Modern Software Development Environments
- IT Security Governance in Application Development
- A hackers mindset
- Web App Risk Assessment
- OWASP Introduction
- Practical Demonstration of Injection, Cross site Scripting, XML Entities & Their Remediation’s In Application Security.
- Understanding WordPress security via wp-config.php/.htaccess/robots.txt
to this chapter or become a local chapter supporter. Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
We are looking for organizations to sponsor our Lagos Chapter.
If you are interested in sponsoring the chapter then please get in touch with one of the chapter leaders.
Code of Conduct
OWASP Lagos meetings and events are an inclusive environment where all people should feel safe and respected. We welcome diversity in age, race, ethnicity, national origin, range of abilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, financial means, education, and political perspective.
OWASP Lagos will not tolerate any form of violence, harassment, hate speech or trolling either off or online, or any overly drunken, intimidating or heckling behaviour.
Please respect the presenters, don’t talk amongst yourselves during their presentations and ensure your mobile phones are muted or switched off.
We want you to have fun, in a safe and respectful environment.
If you have any issues or concerns relating to the code of conduct please contact one of the Chapter Leaders.
As this is a private event we withhold the right to remove and ultimately ban anyone who violates this code of conduct and will report any incidents to the appropriate authorities if necessary.
Polite note to Vendors/Recruiters/Internal Recruiters/Business Development people
Vendors and Recruiters are welcome at OWASP Lagos, however we ask that you remember this is a user group, not a networking event, and tapping people up for jobs or business unprompted is not encouraged.