OWASP Salt Lake City
Welcome to the OWASP Salt Lake City Chapter (aka your local appsec support group). We try to meet monthly and do so virtually for now.
- Join us virtually at our upcoming chapter meetings (RSVP for upcoming events through our meetup page)
- Chat with us on Slack
- Follow us on Twitter
- October - TBD
We met virtually on Wednesday, September 29th and talked about:
- Career progression in AppSec (from entry level up to technical tracks and management),
- How participating in conferences and events (e.g., CTF) can help entry level candidates,
- Impostor syndrom is common in this industry and we all often have to look things up or refresh our memory or learn something new,
- How technical leaders provide value by “scaling their services” (helping others be more effective).
See all recent events in MeetUp.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a nonprofit foundation that works to improve the security of software. All of our projects ,tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security.
Chapters are led by local leaders in accordance with the Chapter Leader Handbook. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP Project, independent research, or related software security topic you would like to present.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate in our Projects, Local Chapters, Events, Online Groups, and Community Slack Channel. We especially encourage diversity in all our initiatives. OWASP is a fantastic place to learn about application security, to network, and even to build your reputation as an expert. We also encourage you to be become a member or consider a donation to support our ongoing work.
Put whatever you like here: news, screenshots, features, supporters, or remove this file and don’t use tabs at all.