Thank you for visiting OWASP.org. We recently migrated our community to a new web platform and regretably the content for this page needed to be programmatically ported from its previous wiki page. There’s still some work to be done.
This is an example of a Project or Chapter Page.
A Cash Overflow attack is a Denial of Service attack specifically aimed at exceeding the hosting costs for a cloud application, either essentially bankrupting the service owner or exceeding the application cost limits, leading the cloud service provider to disable the application.
- Given enough resources, fairly easy to launch attack
- Quickly detected due to immediate downtime/resources consumption/logging
- Impact usually limited to loss of availability
Related Threat Agents
- Most likely an :Category:Internet_attacker
- DoS Prevention Techniques
- http://capec.mitre.org/data/index.html - Denial of Service through Resource Depletion