OWASP Data Analysis Visualization and Ingestion Domain (DAVID)
Welcome to the Data Analysis, Visualization, and Ingestion Domain or the DAVID Project. DAVID’s purpose is to enable open source projects to tell their ongoing stories with data.
DAVID should provide:
- Data Consistency and Integrity: A centralized system ensures that data across all projects follows the same data governance standards, thus increasing data integrity and consistency.
- Simplified Data Management: A centralized system streamlines data management processes, reducing the burden of each OWASP project managing data individually. Lessons learned from each project can be applied to future projects when they are on-boarded and consistency can be ensured.
- Time and Cost Savings: A centralized system reduces the time spent on data management and maintenance, resulting in cost savings across projects. Consolidating data in one location minimizes redundancy and promotes quicker data retrieval, improving the overall efficiency of OWASP projects.
- Better Decision-Making: Access to comprehensive and consistent data enables data-driven decision-making, leading to more accurate and effective outcomes for OWASP projects and organizations that rely on them.
- Scalability: A centralized data management system can easily accommodate new projects, ensuring seamless integration and scalability.
- Compliance and Auditing: A centralized system simplifies compliance and auditing processes by providing a unified platform to track and monitor data access and usage.
- Enhanced Data Visibility: A centralized system improves data visibility, making it easier to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can drive innovation and improvement in OWASP projects.
OWASP SAMM Benchmarking is an ideal pilot project to implement the centralized data management system as it deals with the collection, analysis, and reporting of maturity data for various organizations. Implementing the centralized system will streamline data management processes, improve data quality, and facilitate more effective benchmarking results for organizations. The successful implementation of this system will serve as a strong foundation for future OWASP projects, driving innovation and impact in the application security community.
If you would like to help sponsor the project or are an open source project with data needs, please contact the project leads.
Call for DAVID Sponsors
The Data Analysis, Visualization, and Ingestion Domain (DAVID) Project is the open source software data management project for OWASP and open source projects.
We are seeking sponsors to support the DAVID project. All proceeds from the sponsorship support the mission of the OWASP Foundation, further development of DAVID, and operating costs. Supporting the project drives the funding for research grants, hosting, tools, templates, documents, promotion, and more.
By sponsoring DAVID, you not only support an important project, you will also get visibility during the next SAMM User Conference and recognition on the OWASP SAMM web site and the next releases of SAMM.