OWASP Chapter Committee
To provide the support and guidance required by all OWASP chapters to thrive and contribute to the overall mission and goals of OWASP
As one of the three legs that support OWASP (Foundation, Chapters, and Projects), Chapters are a critical part of moving the OWASP mission forward. The Chapter Committee’s purpose is to help ensure that all OWASP Chapters are supported, as per the Chapter Committee Scope. This includes Student Chapters and Regional Chapters. Our target audience is OWASP Chapter Leaders and volunteers.
- Promote Chapter activity, and provide mentorship and guidance to Chapter Leaders and other Chapter volunteers
- Ensure as many Chapters as possible are healthy and active
- Maintain the Chapter lifecycle within OWASP, including working with OWASP staff to improve procedures, and documenting guidelines
- Update and maintain the Chapter Handbook.
- Provide all Chapters with a repository of useful Resources to help them succeed
- Help individuals and the community in getting more from their local OWASP Chapters
- Work with Chapters to help them encourage OWASP membership, participation, and contributions to OWASP projects and initiatives
- Work with universities to provide guidance and help create and maintain Student Chapters
- Create a workable, operational, and scalable Regional Chapter model
- Collaborate with other OWASP Committees and initiatives as needs present
- Assist OWASP staff in operational processes of: New Chapter Creation, Reviving Inactive Chapters, Cleaning up Defunct Chapters
- Provide first level dispute resolution for Chapters, which can be escalated to the OWASP Dispute Resolution process, or in severe cases, the Foundation, Compliance Committee, or Global Board
- Advise the Board or Foundation on relevant bylaw or policy changes
OWASP Chapter Committee is composed of seasoned and knowledgeable OWASP Chapter Leaders - you can see the current committee officers and member names on the sidebar on the right →
All OWASP Committees are governed under the OWASP Committees Policy
OWASP Chapter Committee Monthly Meeting
The OWASP Chapter Committee meets on the second Tuesday of every month via Zoom Meeting
Chapter Committee Monthly Meeting Minutes and Recordings
The OWASP Chapter Committee meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6 - 7pm London time or 1 - 2 pm EST via Zoom
- Meeting ID: 816 2390 2507 Passcode: 24278377
OWASP Members can access the Chapter Committee Meeting Recordings here and the Meeting Minutes can be found here
Resources For Chapters
A repository of useful resources for Chapters can be found here
Most frequenlty requested:
- Intro slides for Chapter Meetings
- Video: Migrating OWASP Chapter Webpage to New OWASP Website: view on YouTube
- Video: OWASP Introduction & Membership Benefits: view on YouTube
- Chapters Policy
- Chapter Handbook - draft WIP (Needs update - please help!)
- Chapter Management Tips (please help combine this into Handbook)
Need a Speaker for an OWASP Chapter Meeting:
Speaker Repository - OWASP is vendor-neutral, and all vendors are welcome, but they should not be marketing their product or service as this will not go down well. - The use of OWASP slide templates is desirable but not required to speak at a chapter or local activity. - If you use OWASP’s logo, branding, or trademarks in your talk or marketing, please comply with the OWASP branding guidelines. - Make your talk enjoyable for all by reviewing the OWASP Code of Conduct and avoid any behaviors or activities contrary to the CoC.
- Board Games
- Chapters Policy
- Chapter Handbook - draft WIP - outdated guidance only, not policy. Please help update this!
- Chapter Management Tips
- Chapter Slide Presentations- Additional slide presentations for chapter meetings.
- T-Shirts & OWASP Store
- Zoom Virtual Meetings or Activities - How To Run One
- Request to move your Meetup under the OWASP Foundation’s Pro account.
- Invite OWASP Foundation ([email protected]) to your Meetup
- OWASP will ‘join’ your Meetup
- The Organizer then must step down and make OWASP Foundation the Organizer
- OWASP will accept the request to become the Organizer
- OWASP will make the previous Organizer a Co-Organizer
- Unless you use your Organizer account to organize other Meetups, you should cancel your Meetup Organizer Subscription or you will continue to be charged monthly